Skip to main content

Film Permits

Here are the permit forms for filming in El Dorado County. Our basic permits are designed to ensure that your project “shoots” as planned. Although we require a simple permit for all projects shot in El Dorado County, there are no county permit fees.

It is essential that both the following be listed as additionally insured with your insurance carrier.

El Dorado County
330 Fair Lane
Placerville, CA 95667
(530) 621-5858

El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce
542 Main Street
Placerville, CA 95667
(530) 621-5885

The El Dorado Tahoe Film & Media Office is here to work with your company, to provide business referrals and act as a liaison between business, government agencies and individuals. Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions/concerns or require further information.*

I am able to extend my services to your production company at no charge because the Film & Media Office is funded by El Dorado County and The El Dorado County Chamber of Commerce. I hope you will take advantage of the wide variety of referrals and services our office has to offer.

Thank you for choosing El Dorado County for your project!!

Best Regards,

Kathleen Dodge
Executive Director,
El Dorado Lake Tahoe Film & Media Office

*You will be responsible for making necessary arrangements with any other jurisdictions, such as State Parks, Cal Trans, National Forest, EID, City of Placerville, City of South Lake Tahoe, etc. Please contact me for proper referrals.

Copy of Above Letter for Insurance Carriers (.pdf format)

Print the forms (.pdf format) below, fill them out and return to:
El Dorado Lake Tahoe Film & Media Office
542 Main Street, Placerville CA 95667

Film Permit Forms
These forms are in pdf format [portable document format].