Learn about El Dorado County’s rich history in film production through this location map.
Welcome to the El Dorado County Film & Media Office
Stunning El Dorado County offers more than 1,800 square miles of remarkably diverse topography for filming movies and commercials, nestled between Sacramento and the magnificent Sierra Nevada. From open ranch land and rugged forest to verdant meadows, El Dorado County has it all!
El Dorado Lake Tahoe
- Two major highways
- Elevations from 200 to 10,881 feet
- Authentic Gold Rush sites
- Pristine alpine lakes
- Miles of untamed rivers
- The majesty of Lake Tahoe
- Two incorporated cities (Placerville & South Lake Tahoe)
- Over 20 quaint historic towns